Monday, March 13, 2006
...A dear friend who is still dear but with whom I barely speak. No we have not fought. Far from it.
I genuinely appreciated the friendship and it was a sounding board where I hammered out myraid thoughts and opinions.
Perhaps the liberties I took were many, perhaps I didnt communicate enough and communicate proper, perhaps too many things going on in my life. Perhaps I was selfish.
Over the last cup of coffee and sandwiches I said I felt like a stone, had no emotions left. Perhaps I was a coward not to take a chance. Perhaps I was unjust.
Missing
... The phone calls;
Missing
... The coffee, always a welcome break;
Missing
... Gossiping over work and worship;
Missing
... the joint venture walkathon random and planned- Gandhi to Israel- Musuem to movie.
Missing
... stories about the exploits of children that Friend taught; one little boy Arpit that I strongly suspect was the result of Friend's overactive imagination.
Missing
... the debate over literature, the common expression for the overarching love for words and books.
Missing
... Filter Coffee and 'thair sadam.' Masala dosa, vada and upuma.
Missing
... The tips about haircare and the benefits of mud in your hair therapy!
Missing
... Bonhomie
Travelling together in silence is painful. Chatterbox, charming, idealistic Friend has a music companion now. There is no explanations.
How do I tell Friend that my intention was not to hurt. How do I convince that Friend means a lot to me? How do I make Friend see through my eyes?
Self centered? Cruel? Am I to you?
Can I turn back time? Can I reclaim that period? My soul weeps as I sport that smile.
Where do you go oh my Friend? Where do you go?
I need you to know that my sparesly populated world held nay still holds you in a special place. A very happy birthday.
 
posted by The Friendly Ghost at 10:42 AM |


1 Comments:


At Tue Mar 14, 11:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Go call up your friend - NOW.